Monday, September 10, 2007

"Asian Variations" Taichung Launch Party

http://asianvariations.com/blog.html

Posted by Moshang:

What a great evening the Taichung launch turned out to be! I had more than my usual moments of panic when I had to leave home and couldn’t get my newly made videos to work. The idea was that I would do two sets to frame Viba’s performance, and I had to scramble quickly during the last couple of days to get my first short set together. An emergency re-encoding of the short set did the trick eventually and arrived in the nick of time for the setup.

The evening started out slowly and by the time I went on to do my first set, we had a tiny audience of about 10 close friends. Thankfully, people kept coming in throughout the evening, and we eventually managed to to give away 90 copies of the album at the door as people came in.

I want to say a big thank you to Viba for making the trip down from Taipei with his family - it wouldn’t have been half as much fun without his contribution. Viba eventually did two sets for the enthusiastic audience. A big thanks also to Patrick and Roger of Grooveyard for hosting us (Viba and I will probably be back at Grooveyard in October) - you’ve got to love a venue run by professional musicians; their passion for music shines through! And another thank you to Mark Forman who came with his son Kevin and made a very cool video of the first part of my set - watch it here. I’ve added some pictures from the launch here.

With the success of the Taichung launch, I’m looking forward all the more to the Taipei launch on September 29th. It’s bound to be a great party with performances by Viba, Kou Chou Ching, Chang Jui-chuan and myself.

No comments: