Friday, October 24, 2008

Crap Mariner Wants SL Musician's Music...so Sell it to Him!


Message sent from Crap Mariner:

Crazy Idea Time

Howdy... Crap Mariner here.
I'm sending you this info because you are involved in music in SL in some way or fashion.
Since I'm so difficult to shop for, I got a lot of iTunes gift cards for the holidays last year.
I'm sure a lot of you ended up with gift cards and such like that.
Well, I spent all the credits on SL-related musicians.

I also collected up URLs to iTunes download pages for SL musicians in case anybody else wanted to do the same as I did.

This year, I'd like to do it again, posting a catalog of links on my weblog as well as posting the album covers and links in my Clocktower on Edloe Island. Or, if someone's got a higher-profile venue out there with plenty of prims to spare, I'd be glad to help collect up and maintain the textures and links through the holiday season.

Anyway, if you're a performer with your music on iTunes, I'd love to know where to find it on iTunes and if you've got the album cover already uploaded into SL.

if you're a venue owner and are willing to post a landmark-giver or poster, let me know and I'll get one to you when the project gets rolling.

If you think the Clocktower just ain't good enough for hosting such a project and you've got an even better place, well, I'm never one to let pride get in the way of a project's success (just look at my name, eh) - let me know and I'll be glad to build this up for your location.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the grid humming with music, and hopefully we can help boost y'all's sales with the holiday season.

Thanks,
Crap Mariner
email crapmariner@isfullofcrap.com
-----

2 comments:

HatHead said...

Crap for President.

R. said...

I certainly plan to buy a lot with the iTunes cards I know I'm getting from relatives this year, but... um... kinda hoping they'll be sending me the links and textures so I can get them to sell to LOTS of folks ;)