Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'll be away for awhile - A Doubledown Tandino Hiatus

As life progresses (first life, that is), and as Second Life progresses (with the 2.0 viewer), I unfortunately have to take a leave of absence from the virtual world.

As some of you know, I have been working my way towards moving, living, and working in New York City.   Phase 1 is complete; I'm packed, and I've left for the big apple.... 

You would think phase 2 would be unpacking at my new place in Manhattan and getting right back into Second Life.... but, there is no phase 2 yet.  Apparently I find myself in nomad/gypsy mode.... ok, let's just call it what it is... I'm homeless.

That's the simple truth....  I've left where I was living in South Jersey, packed up one bag of clothes, and traveled to NYC with no set home.   Some people are congratulating me on this... some people say I have a lot of guts.... some people say I'm following my dreams...  

I have to admit, I'm nervous and overwhelmed as hell.   As I said on my facebook wall: "Either I'm going to eat the big apple, or the big apple is going to eat me"

With all that being said, I will be sparse in Second Life.   I won't be available to DJ live inworld for some time until my real life has stabilized.  I will pop inworld where wifi allows to check on things, try to attend events, and make sure my company Ravelong is running smoothly.  And, I will be back, you can count on that.

And I'll leave you with this:  Two 10 minute Electro House mixes.  These were filmed simply to do it.  I knew I wouldn't be DJing for awhile, and I was going to pack up my music and gear... so here's two mini-mixers for ya.  Enjoy:





I may or may not take a break from this blog for awhile too... I haven't decided yet. I know I won't be in touch with what is going on in Second Life... but who knows.... maybe I'll still find interesting things to post about.

5 comments:

Dusan Writer said...

DD you're the best. Don't just bite the apple - eat it alive. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good luck with this interim period. One way or another it will definitely be an adventure!

pLoon

Simon Newstead said...

All the best for getting your roots down in your new city (:

MaryJoanne Sideways said...

A man with a mission i can only applaud! A coworker was asking how yar US mate doing and told me there are e few very cheap hostel like hotels in NY. I've been ill so i havent been to work but im sure ganne ask names. (kinda forgot the names he told me) Brad: do wot ya love and love wot ya do and it seems ya doing it!

Gracie Kendal said...

You will do great DD!!! You have the ambition, talent, work ethic, personality to go far. And we love ya... Go forth and thrive!!! See ya on the flip side :D