Thursday, July 19, 2007

Watch Me Pull a Bunny Out of My Hat by RemingtonSteele Dagger

Grid World News: Posted: July 18, 2007 at 8:45 am
Jeffrey Berman, aka RemingtonSteele Dagger

Watch Me Pull a Bunny Out of My Hat
One reporter braves the perils of Playboy Island

Playboy has arrived in Linden and Tuesday nights are hopping at Hef’s place. Host to a bevy of Bunnies, Hugh Hefner brings his trademark sexually-charged lifestyle to Linden with the hippest, swankiest party in town.

Open since June 12th, The Playboy Club has quickly proven to be another extension of Hugh Hefner’s world as depicted in the pages of his magazine. Carved in the shape of the Playboy Insignia, the island is fairly small and built around the club. But as we’ve come to expect from Hef, it’s not the size that counts, it’s the sex appeal that matters. This island’s got it and more.

To celebrate the ongoing sexual revolution every Tuesday Night from 6pm to 10 pm (SLT) the Playboy Club is host to DJ Doubledown Tandino who rocks the crowd into frenzy with a unique stream of dance music as well as a different live band every week.

So what I wanted to know when I showed up at the doors this past Tuesday night was–where was the big Kahuna himself? Would he be putting in an appearance? I asked assistant manager Kellyfaith, who also creates all of the clothing sold at the Playboy Island, and was told, “I’m not at liberty to answer.” It’s not allowed. Apparently the big man likes to keep his presence incognito when roaming amongst his legion.

About the time a crowd swilling Martinis and tripping the light fantastic filled out the dance floor I took the opportunity to slip out of the club to my new favorite spot in all of Linden: the Grotto, located in a little cove off the beach underneath the Playboy Club.

Whatever rumors you may have heard about The Grotto, they don’t hold a candle to the actual love den. So while the party was raging just above my little hideaway I was sequestered below with my own private Bunny relaxing in the warm waters of Hef’s legacy. By now I had lost any interest in finding Hef. As far as I was concerned, for the rest of the evening, I was Hef. That’s the lure of Playboy. Whether it’s inside the pages of the magazine or lounging in the Grotto, anyone of us can be Hef, if even for a short time.

Now if I can only keep the place a secret for just a little while longer. That would be a great trick.

No comments: