Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The show opens 6pm (slt) January 28th 2009 and will run until further notice thanks to generous support from our sponsors.
Opening night, however, is the time to be there. No Enigmatic Exhibition would be complete with out getting dressed up and getting funky to the infamous musical style of DJ Doubledown Tandino, our resident tonal artist. Have a chance to meet your favorite artists and ask them about their work.
Moreno Giano, Diago Naidoo, Squishypaint Aabye, Nickos Brandenburg, Summer Seale, Traelyn Denimore, Gwen Carillon, Cheen Pitney, Ub Yifu, Static Shultz, AtomicSparkle Skytower, Sahoni Tigerpaw, Sound Thor, Fingers Scintilla, Keokipele Ansar, Korgi Lerwick, and Whisker Ophelia
Infamous Designs http://www.infamysl.com/
Vintage Dawn Builders http://www.vintagedawn.com/
Mimi's Choice http://slurl.com/secondlife/House%20Music%20Island/30/6/2
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
RAFTWET Jewell is the Second Life avatar for W.E.T. River Trips, a California whitewater rafting outfitter on American Rivers in the USA. They specialize in virtual water, rivers, streams, and waterfalls. Raftwet is also talented in the networking and marketing areas of SL as well. Beyond being a company avatar, she is also an active participant in many facets of SL, including the club and nightlife scene and the art scene.
Check out the blog: http://raftwetjewell.blogspot.com
Her blog is an excellent method of showcasing the real life company, while also expressing thoughts and experiences as an individual SL active community resident.
Make sure to check out the excellent list of SLURLs on the right-hand side too
Because Net Neutrality and Universal Broadband provisions contained in the bill will stimulate the online gaming experience, the Entertainment Consumers Association is providing gamers with an easy way to let their elected officials in Washington, D.C. know that they support the stimulus package.
To that end, the ECA has launched an action campaign at its website. Members and non-members alike can use the page to send a letter urging their congressional representatives to get behind the stimulus legislation. From the ECA site:
"Net Neutrality and Universal Broadband are not only great for America; they allow us to play the games we want at high speeds!Now is the time to act and let our voices be heard. The new stimulus package... would provide for $2.8 billion in grants to develop broadband connections in underserved and rural populations... the bill also requires that any infrastructure built with the grant money has "open access basis" which would be defined by the new administration's FCC, but which seems to mirror Network Neutrality guidelines..."
read more digg story
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Each Week in Second Life (different day, different time each week)
featuring DJ Doubledown Tandino + Special DJ Guests spinning all forms electronic funky beats in live turntable mixsets
Each week The MetaLIFE P.P.T. Parties will feature a different exciting location showcasing various aspects of the Second Life community: Music, Art, Nightlife, Fashion, Architecture, Shopping, & more! Cash Giveaways & Prizes in the thousands at every event! Games & Trivia Too!
The P.P.T. Parties are an excellent way to learn more about how the MetaTOOLS can work for YOU: Easily connect with friends, network, save your favorite locations, sell your products gridwide, sell other people’s items, and more! FREE for EVERYONE to make your MetaLIFE easier!
To arrange a MetaLIFE P.P.T. Party at your location or if you are a DJ that would like to perform live, please contact Doubledown Tandino in SL or DJDoubledown@gmail.com
Pick up MetaTOOLS at any time HERE: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Amydria/60/152/503
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Linden Lab® Founder and Chairman of the Board Philip Rosedale engages in a broad-ranging discussion on the hopes that virtual worlds can fulfill in these anxious times. He shares his views on how Second Life’s economy is faring in the wake of real-world crises and OpenSpace pricing changes, why enterprises are flocking to Second Life®, and why Second Life residents both hope for and fear change.
Watch the video to see the new amazing work RDV Animations is doing. We bring avatars in conversation scenarios (for live broadcasts,machinima,keynote speakers,etc) to LIFE using our cutting edge 'puppeting ' technology - allowing the orchestration & control of real time movement & interactions in single or multi person set ups. A sample of our work can be seen in this podcast interview video of Greg Hawkes ( The Cars ) http://www.slcn.tv/pop-vox-greg-hawkes-interview
Contact JenzZa Misfit in world or at email@example.com with inquiries.
Haad Rin Grand (Re)Opening Party
Listen Live: http://www.haadrin.asia:8000/
Graffiti Tagging in Second Life - Art or Gang Vandalization?
The video shows a tool that helps taggers in Second Life to graffiti walls and buildings. The gang type writing can be used to create art by some and to vandalize by others. What do you think about this? Is it art or simply someone looking to vandalize and what is your reaction to current and future Linden Lab restrictions?
Linden Lab Goes Shopping, Buys Virtual Goods Marketplaces to Integrate Web Shopping - XStreet SL and OnRez to Join Linden Lab
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
read more | digg story
New World Notes: Where To Celebrate Obama's Inaugural In Second Life
Sunday, January 18, 2009
read more | digg story
(via Torrentfreak )
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
METANOMICS: Philip Rosedale on Hope, Anxiety and Virtual Worlds - January 19th, 2009 - 12pm-1pm (slt)
METANOMICS Philip Rosedale on Hope, Anxiety and Virtual Worlds
Monday, January 19th, 2009 - 12pm-1pm (slt)
Philip Rosedale kicks off the Metanomics Spring 2009 season! Host Rob Bloomfield engages the Linden Lab Founder and Chairman of the Board in a broad-ranging discussion on the hopes that virtual worlds can fulfill in these anxious times. Expect Philip to share his views on:
* why he loves not being a CEO, but why Barack Obama will make a great one;
* what the death of Google’s Lively says about Linden Lab’s strategy;
* why Linden Lab is profitable when YouTube isn’t;
* how Second Life’s economy is faring in the wake of real-world crises and OpenSpace pricing changes;
* why enterprises are flocking to Second Life; and
* why Second Life residents both hope for and fear change.
Come join us LIVE, Monday, January 19, Noon to 1 Pacific Time, to ask your own questions!
All info at www.Metanomics.net & The Metanomics Calendar
In-World Fundraiser Events and Charities: Amazing Contributions to the Real World, or Scams and Flams?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Instead we have passed out the awards already.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Professors Robert Bloomfield (Cornell University) and Ray Pfeiffer (University of Massachusetts, Amherst) join forces to present an hour of LIVE music. Ray is an accomplished pianist and composer and Rob has the most wonderful singing voice – a true crooner! This will be their first time performing together. We are thrilled to host them!
GREAT prizes will be raffled to those in attendance throughout the event created by many of your favorite designers. A MUST attend event!
From 4 pm – 6 pm PST DJ extraordinaire Doubledown Tandino will be spinning a variety of great music for your dancing pleasure.
6 pm PST LIVE music - Do not miss this!“An evening with Ray & Rob“ (aka: Professor Ray Paule & Beyers Sellers inSL©) performing piano & vocal Jazz, Standards, & Big Band tunes.
From 7 pm – 8 pm PST Doubledown will deliver another hour of music & a few special fun activities are planned – stick around for it!
Join us for a fun & memorable evening - This will be a PG event – casual attire. Contact Bevan Whitfield or JenzZa Misfit with inquiries.
Please post to your groups and and followers! Here is the SLURL to The Mill at Muse Isle NorthWest : http://slurl.com/secondlife/Muse%20Isle%20NorthWest/205/206/23
Sunday, January 11, 2009
A truely fascinating research project is underway as Homeless Martian formulates the SL Live Music History Time Table. Make sure to check it out!
"SL Music History : The Time Table - As you might have heard by now, I am starting a whole series of posts about the SL Music History. To have it as complete and accurate as possible, I am asking everyone to check the time table. The Time Tabel will be updated every now and then.
Love, Peace and Melody."
- HomeLess Martian
UPDATE Tabel Version 0.3 January 12
* June 2003 - Second Life gets released
Homeless Martian: Subjective Un-Reviewer: http://homelessmartian.wordpress.com/
Saturday, January 10, 2009
METALIFE's People.Places.Things Party
@ Pattern Nine - The Pyramid Club
Pattern 09's Pyramid Club & MetaLife will be doing a special event featuring DJ Doubledown Tandino to showcase the new metaKIOSK and metaHUD breakthrough technology meant to stimulate business & social networking on the grid. Please join us as we dance away the afternoon with a "Best in Famous & Celebrity Avatars" & a $2,000L prize. Trivia for thousands too hosted by Doubledown.
If the economic situation has given you the blues, find out how you can shake up sales as a creator, boost visits your ventures, and get paid via metaLife's affiliate partner program.... all in one.
The Metalife METATOOLS, taking SL by storm,
are FREE for EVERYONE who arrives
Make your METALife easier!
Meet the CREATORS and receive LIVE Demonstrations!
Included will be the
An Ignitive Media Event
Credits & Collaborators:
Metalife :: Pauly Richez & Robbie Kiama
Ignitive Media :: Eris Alexandre
Ravelong SL :: Doubledown Tandino
Pattern 09 :: Guy Winkler & Keen Marksman
Friday, January 9, 2009
Posted On: Thu, 2009-01-08 22:40 by mattl
DRM refers to technologies typically used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, and copyright holders to attempt to control how consumers access and use media and entertainment content. Among other issues, the workshop will address the need to improve disclosures to consumers about DRM limitations.
If you're in the USA, please submit your own response.
Comcast Can Now Slow Bandwidth Hogs Across Its Network - Comcast's New Network Throttling Now In Place
Stacey Higginbotham Monday, January 5, 2009 12:36 PM PT
Comcast, which got in trouble with the FCC for its P2P-throttling approach to network management, has now completed its plan that deals with bandwidth hogs by slowing all broadband traffic for heavy Internet users during times of network congestion. The nation’s largest cable provider has posted a chart on its network management page showing that, as of the end of the year, it stopped throttling P2P traffic across its entire service footprint. The most useful thing about the little Google Gadget, though, is that it gives a bit more detail on exactly which markets Comcast serves — data that’s sometimes hard to get from cable providers.
Screenshot of a beta version of Comcast's bandwidth
usage meter tool ( Credit: http://www.dslreports.com/ ). The new system, which is now in place, monitors the amount of downstream traffic a user consumes and not what that traffic is actually composed of.
This connection and promotion center (formerly named 'Ravelong Biospaces,') is designed to connect DJs with events and clubs with DJs. By being very effective, the DJs and Clubs Hub has been a complete success in Second Life for over 2 years.
-DJs: Promote yourself as a DJ. You will receive inquiries, job offers, gig opportunities, and visits to your information and website. Make sure to include the style of DJ you are, style of music you play, general availability times, and references to professionalize your talents. Make sure to include ALL your info, pics, LMs, and giveaway mersh into the notecard you place in your DJ Biospace
-Clubs: Promote your club, it's services, it's events. EMPLOYMENT: list DJ and Club job openings. You will receive more traffic and patronage. DJs will also respond to your gig options and DJ jobs. Make sure to include the LM to your club, current/upcoming events, and times open. Please also include any job openings. The more specific you are the better.
-Booking Agents & Talent Agencies: On the left side are the Club Biospaces or "talent buyers" wall. Add your booking or talent agency info to receive inquiries from DJs looking to connect. Meanwhile, on the right side are the DJ Biospaces or "talent" wall. Add your DJs to this wall to get them extra bookings.
Doubledown Note: As a bonus, this is where I send any and all inquiries. I generally get 4 to 8 daily requests asking for good djs, good clubs or employment. The DJs & Clubs Hub is where I bring anyone asking me. I show them the DJs and Clubs walls, and make several recommendations.
Ravelong™ does ongoing promotions and classified ads creating even more traffic & exposure for you.
Teleport in Second Life: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Amydria/39/131/525
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Simpson family takes a trip to the Mapple Store at the Springfield Mall where Lisa gets her very own Mypod, and Bart interrupts an announcement from Steve Mobbs with his own voiceover, causing pandemonium to break loose in the store. On his way home from the mall, Bart narrowly escapes punishment and befriends a Muslim boy named Bashir. Homer becomes suspicious of Bart’s new friend and invites Bashir, his mother (guest voice Shohreh Aghdashloo, “24“) and his father over for dinner so he can investigate their supposed anti-American sentiments. Having already offended Bashir and his family at dinner, Homer goes to their home to apologize, but he instead snoops around their house, a la Jack Bauer, and uncovers what he believes to be a terrorist plot to blow up the Springfield Mall. The race is on as Homer tries to warn the residents of Springfield about the impending disaster.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
read more digg story
While Phil hasn't mentioned it in the keynote just yet, it looks like iTunes might be getting a big catalog overhaul, with most major labels finally offering up DRM free tunes. Previously purchased songs are now upgradable for the same old price of $0.30 a song.
read more digg story
Have you streamed video in Second Life? Aside from the limitations of allowing only Quicktime video or MP4 in QuickTime it is pretty cool. You can get a high quality MP4 version of a YouTube video.
read more | digg story
Marketing in Second Life
Published: 2007-12-16 14:12:20
Broadcasted Live in SL on the Woodbridge sim . Follow along with the Power Point Presentation Slides . I talk about Machinima as one possible avenue of advertising in SL. One participant mentions draxtror depress SL journalist in youtube for Life 4-U TV . I talk about having a website for support, news and a product catalog and give my own wiki as an example. I covered many keyword suggestion tools such as Overture , Google Adwords , Keyword Discovery Tool , and a thesaurus . Blogs such as one by Prokofy Neva give you the ability to network on the web. Prokofy mentioned one of my snapshots on sl buzz that I took the day before news of Cory Linden resigning for Linden Lab . I continue on about social networking with comments on SL Universe and Facebook . You can see a list of different networks that I am using by looking at my On-X-I-Am profile . I play a few tunes on this discussion starting out with my blue hair jingle created for me by Geoff Smith . I play Mine Alone by REC ( Website ) and Motherless Child - MoShang No Place Like Home Mix - Asian Variations 2007 by Lovespirals ( Website ) who provide podsafe music on the podshow network.
Blue Hair #15 - Tracking Visitors
Published: 2007-12-29 22:56:34
Talks about different visitor counters that can be found within virtual world of Second Life. A comparison at the end between counters offered by Linden Lab, Maya Realities, Metaverse Business, SL Buzz, MetaXpand, Rabbit Glen Software, SLsensor.com, Mechanized Life, and Second Labs. Power Point slides have been published on Google Docs as Blue Hair Podcast 15 - Tracking Visitors.
What has changed this year from the beginning of last year, if anything?
Starting on Saturday January 10th and going on over the next 7 weekends, GLANCE International Agency will host a fashion show on JSP Island every Saturday at 1 PM SLT in-between two LIVE concerts.
"I am very happy of the stats and having heard of their reputation for professionalism and smooth fashion shows, I knew Glance International Agency would handle it the best way.” Eric Coiffard commented. During the six weekend celebration the CEO of Just Soul Promotions Company had to expand his mall and is now happy to offer more fashionable shops to the crowd eager for outstanding LIVE events and unique runs.
As a result of this new partnership, GLANCE International Agency will no longer be hosted at its actual location, and all the existing buildings will be removed by the 6th of January. GLANCE International Agency decided to focus on its upcoming projects.
The new fair starts on the 10th January... Be there at 11 AM SLT!
GLANCE and JSP would like to say a big thank you to the designers of Little Fish (Fionay Dill), Luminous Designs (Lumina Elvehjem), JetDoll (Kitty Pidgeon), Chez Gabrielle (Gabrielle Gateaux), 7th. Street (Px Smit), My Precious (Agnes Finney), Muze (Muze Rayna), Bland (Chav Paderborn & Rachel Breaker), R&K (Rikimaru Darkstone & Kleopatra Rives), Wildcatz (Nakitta Nightfire) and a special mention to the designers born in 2008 who worked with us for the first edition of JSP Artist & Fashion Expo, Marinoco Fashion (Marinoco Oceanlane) and Ezura FreeStyle (Ezura Xue). We all wish them the best of luck in their creative career for 2009!
Special credits go to Sanders Beaumont (incredible video!), Kira Ahn, Miu Edman, Cerra Denja, Suri Christen (awesome flyers designers and events photographers, thank you again!), GLANCE Lead Model and Head Manager Kurvy Rhode and all GLANCE Top Models featured in the last JSP Artist & Fashion Expo 2008.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Here are The Ravelong Award Winners!!
The list of the best DJ Clubs in Second Life for 2008:
* Scoutlounge - This Club wins the overall spot as the #1 Best DJ club of 2008. The growth from January 2008 to January 2009 has been stunning. The passion, the love, and the spirit of the entire team of Scoutlounge is why it is #1 overall best DJ club in SL for 2008. Scoutlounge was founded by Lexx Runo (owner) and launched by its initial founding team: Electra Liotta, DjGogo Dreadlow, Sonny Chevalier, Vianw Zerbino. All are still loyal existing staff. The concept was simple, which was to create a non-commercial non-competitive place with a friendly family atmosphere and a place to listen to great quality house music by live DJs. Scoutlounge success was then continued by the current Staff Team: Mlita Pennell, Eleni Leigh, Cesare Drucker, Duda Poulot, Nissatje Bravin, Pure Nikolaidis, Tweety Fall, Doubledown Tandino, Ewan Seetan who are supported by +100 staff consisting of dedicated and excellent Managers, Hosts & DJs, just too many to mention. During its growth in 2008, further staff joined and contributed to Scoutlounge success today. Although these staff have left the Club in amicable terms, they still remained loyal and supportive to Scoutlounge such as Anu Daviau, Sabine Blackburn, Monimare Morgath and Juli Cochran. ALL of the Staff above are the reasons why Scoutlounge is successful today and even more so, because all are Volunteers. Each individual contributed with hard work, loyalty, dedication whilst love and passion for Scoutlounge were their driving force. Scoutlounge started with a handful of DJs. By the end of 2008, they now have a roster of over 50 Resident DJs and about 20 Guest DJs who fill a 7 days a week schedule featuring live DJ sets & events for +12 hours per day! http://www.scoutlounge.net/
* Sintetika / "Poetik" - "PoEtik" is an unusual event created by Nur Moo and Juju Dollinger on the Sintetika Sim (Art Sim). The principe is that the locale changes every month, by calling on the best builders & artists. Their goal is to create a space where people discover multiple levels of sensorial experiences, surprising both the eyes and ears. Kicking off 2009, the team has started the Nap@Lm-Q group in Sintetika, a sim dedicated to art, music and experimentation in the SL Metaverse. Special PoEtiK thanks to : Eifachfilm Vacirca, Strawberry Holidays, Aragane Nishi San, Martin Ren, Hern Worsley, Dazai Voom, ColeMarie Soleil, Selavy Oh, Doubledown Tandino, 2nthoughts Brando, Beat Flow, Andy Seiling, Artec Amat, Radi Roffo, Bibdui Babenco, Yotan Korobase, Damon Dollinger and all great Djs. (Events Occasionally.)
* Vital Staff - Club Vital Staff was built and is run by Radi Roffo. Radi, from Japan has invited DJs from overseas, and created a solid lineup of resident DJs. Soon after, the Vital team released a first compilation CD featuring SL artists from her own label "Vital Records". Now, Vital Staff has parties almost everyday, and often the DJs broadcast a live video feed so the SL crowd can see the DJ in Real Life. (Events Very Often.) http://www.myspace.com/clubvital
* The FAC - The FAC is an underground house music club owned by Bowyer Hawks and Oda Swain and filled with great people, funny conversations & very talented DJs. The idealology is always the same : underground music, research, & chat about music. Fac is opened to every kind of person, most of their clubbers are djs and nothing is sold at the venue. Bowyer & Oda also run a real life techno house label called LAW recordings. The FAC will be moving to a new sim with fresh ideas and events for 2009 (Events Often.) http://www.facclub.info/
* Piranha - An underground venue for live electronic DJs. Piranha is one of the oldest DJ venues in SL that still remains active. PIRANHA was created for the sole purpose of bringing a virtual rave experience with live mixed electronic music to SL. For over two years, PIRANHA has been home to DJs mixing a variety of electronic genres, but it is probly most well known for it's well-regarded and prominent lineup of Psytrance DJs. Since the time of opening, the nightly crowds have congregated at PIRANHA solely for the music and good social environment, without the use of contests or other gimmicks to generate traffic. (Events Always.)
* Club Enigma - Enigma started as a conversation in a treehouse between Silus Kappler (owner) and Lanne Wise (owner) over an Irish lunch & an American breakfast one July day. After Karizmah Avro built the club, Enigma was born. From the start, Enigma set out to showcase the finest talents currently playing in SL, featuring residents Silus Kappler and Dane Koba, as well as some of the biggest names in SL playing to a packed SIM. They have always attracted a really nice crowd and would like to thank all of our regulars who have made the club such a success and such a pleasure to be involved with. Their parties are packed with true house fans. (Events Occasionally.)
* The tactics, gimmicks, prizes, and contests to attract attention