UPDATE 4.21 : 4pm(slt)
:: Continuing with the conversation "Is there a current Music-Crowd Recession in Second Life?", The blog received some amazing insightful comments HERE.
Here are relevant links to add to the conversation:
Thanks Paisley Beebe:
- The SL Music Biz, Why isn't it Doing Better?
- Music as a business in Second Life :
- An Interview with Paisley Beebe :
Thanks Morris Vig:
- Music Crowds in SL, What to do about it :
- The Best Second Life Arts Event Ever :
- Vig’s Unified Theory of Second Life :
- The importance of a quality social experience in SL :
Thanks Bettina Tizzy:
- SL is Killing Me :
Thanks Crap Mariner:
- I Feel Like Butter that has been Spread over too Much Bread :
- Cheap Venue Owners
- Every event should be a spectacle
- 100 via Ustream
- Trash Talkin Tukso
--more contributions from Crap can be found:
Thanks Nexeus Fatale:
- Crowd Recession? Reasons why Crowds aren't Returning to Events
- What's Missing from Second Life Events
Thanks ArmistasX Saiman:
- Falling Revenues Explained
Thanks Homeless Martian:
- Is there current a music crowd recession ?
- Part 2 (The Ego)
- Part 3 (The Experience)
Thanks Hamlet Au:
Why is Live Music in Second Life Suffering a Downturn:
For Second Life Entrepeneur, Revenue Declines As US Unemployment Rate Increases
For SecoNew World Newsfeed: Second Life's Growth Plateau Ends
Second Life Musicians Losing Their Audiences Should Take A Tip (Or Two) From Ousama
What's Wrong with the Music Biz in SL!
... and from the Official Linden Lab/Second Life blog:
The Second Life Economy - First Quarter 2009 in Detail
(as you'll notice, Linden Lab seems to be the only ones with an entirely different conclusion than most everyone above.)
Please let me know if you have written a post about your perceptions on the current state of crowd attendance at SL events. Add your link in the comments, and I'll update this post.